Volunteers are an important part of the Burbank Public Library team,
and we welcome you to join us as a volunteer.
Roles for volunteers include but are not limited to:
- Sorting or selling books at the Friends of the Burbank Public Library bookstores or at pop-up book sales
- Tutoring adults with low literacy
- Assisting users of the Spark! Digital Media Lab or other technology programming
- Delivering books to Library users who are homebound due to illness or age
- Filling the seven Little Free Libraries around town that Burbank Public Library manages
Before you can volunteer for Burbank Public Library, you must register and complete a security screening via the Burbank Volunteer Program (BVP), managed by the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department.
Here is the procedure:
- Contact BVP at 818-238-5370 or BVP@burbankca.gov to initiate your application
- You can download the application here: BVP Enrollment Form. Please indicate on your application that you wish to volunteer at the Library and note the specific program of interest if relevant
- BVP staff will contact you by phone to learn more about your interests and experience
- All individuals over 18 must be fingerprinted and participate in an online background screening through the National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI). BVP will provide details
- The Library regularly updates its volunteer needs with BVP. If the opportunity of most interest to you is not currently open, BVP will keep your information on file
By registering with BVP, you become eligible to volunteer opportunities through all City of Burbank departments, as well as many local nonprofit organizations.
For further information, please contact the Burbank Volunteer Program at 818-238-5370 or email BVP@burbankca.gov.