Fulfill service hour requirements and gain new experience at the library!
Teen volunteers maybe be asked to:
- Help prepare for library programs by prepping craft supplies
- Set up/take down program equipment
- Help run activities for younger children at library program
All volunteers for Burbank Public Library, including teen volunteers in search of service hours for school credit, are processed through BVP, the Burbank Volunteer Program. Here is the procedure:
- Download a BVP application here and submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off in person at the Joslyn Center (1301 W. Olive Avenue). Please note, people under eighteen will need a signature from a parent or guardian.
- You will be contacted for an interview. At this interview, if you wish to volunteer at the library, be sure to mention that as your first choice.
Do you enjoy working with kids?
Join us for Creative Kids! On the first Thursday of the month kids in grades K-5 can explore the creative, artistic, and STEM-curious sides of themselves in this after school program. Each month features four stations of activities staffed by teen volunteers and there are new activities every month! Gain experience working with kids and get a little messy at this fun service hours opportunity.
If you can't seem to make it to the library to volunteer at a program ask about our take home activities for service hours. Often this involves prepping craft supplies by cutting things out, tracing patterns, or helping us to assemble packets of materials. You can take it home to do the work and bring it back to us when you're finished.