Burbank Public Library is committed to providing consistent, updated technology services that respond to the needs of the community. Our 2022-24 Technology Plan guides staff toward achieving that goal in the context of the Library mission to connect the community to opportunities for growth, inspiration and discovery, including
- Update existing technology to industry standards and recommendations
- Standardize and expand services at each Library location
- Increase and diversify training opportunities for the public as well as staff
Connected California: Digital Navigators
Free one-on-one help by phone or email for California residents to:
- Find free or low-cost internet service.
- Find free or low-cost devices such as computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- Learn basic computer skills like how to use the internet or set up an email.
- Find and use online resources to improve your life. Take classes, apply for jobs, and more!
How It Works:
- Contact the Digital Navigators by voicemail, text, email, or through their website: connectedca.org
- A navigator will respond within 24 hours of reaching out, Monday through Friday.
- Your navigator will work with you one-on-one by phone or email to discuss your needs and help you.
Get connected with kind and skilled experts, Digital Navigators, who can offer patient and personalized assistance in English and Spanish:
This is a free service supported by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the American Rescue Plan Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.